Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Keeping it LOW Fat

So picture this.. Your home alone. its late at night and you wanna watch a movie. So you pick a GREAT girl one and think a yummy snack will be perfect! But you are reminded that A) your in a low fat low carb diet & B) Its late so you cant have anything too bad. So you remember you bought those 100 calorie pack cookies. You sit and enjoy the movie. Then you realize the movie is over and the 100 cal pack has now been 600cal since you ate the whole box. You Just thought "Oh its only 100 cal" but what you didn't know is that "LOW FAT" snack can easily become a HIGH one. I have to remind myself that every time. A low fat snack has to stay low fat. Its easy to eat healthy and not really think that healthy things can be harmful. A cup of ice cream can easily lead to a whole pint when sitting with friends enjoying time.
I feel like if I'm not apart in everything including what they are eating then I'm not fully there. So I thought to myself how can I be apart of the picture but keep myself away from types of foods I know i shouldn't be eating. Now people will think its weird when i say this. And i only say it because I use to think it was weird/rude when people did it. But For now on i will bring my own snacks. Its not that i don't like eating at peoples houses or eating my friends/family food its just that I have a goal in mind and i need to be very strict about what goes in my body because we all know it will end up in my butt and i wont be happy about it. So the next time i come over and you offer me something I cant eat don't take it the wrong way please. Trust me Ill take bread and chips over 7 almond's any day! Keep the Low fat snacks LOW!!

Here's to a healthy booty!
~Cynthia

5 comments:

  1. Its all about portion control of the right items. I've been working on that for a while now and it is doable. I lost 20 lbs by doing that and working out. Just getting active will help you. Start walking, start doing something to make yourself sweat. Doing minor weightlifting isn't bad. Women don't bulk up as quickly as men, but you want muscle. Muscle burns more calories and in turn will speed up your metabolism. Eat more veggies. Fats aren't 100% horrible, just a lot of them are bad. Just watch the carbs and definitely no late night snacks. I'm definitely fighting it with you. Don't worry, just stay on course. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason- Thank you so muc. i have een working out 5 times a week.. i just havnt blogged about that just yet. LOL But Im so with you Late night eating is a BIG NO NO. However I find myself doing it. Thank you so much!! I need all the help and support. Its been hard doing it alone that why i need to wriet about it even if no one reads it, it need to e out so i wont let myself or anyone else down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you mean you won't be eating Volcanoes with me any more? WAH!!! But great plan girl! I wish I had your self control - I'm far to impulsive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahah No more Volcanoes. Eventhough you didnt get far with my help. :) Hun I dont have self control.. I need it. So I hope this plan works. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Analiza count me in on the Volcanos:) I'm sure Jerry and I won't mind eating it. I don't think he and I are on any diet so bring on the calories...lol well I figure since I don't drink, I can eat double dessert for you Cynthia. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete