Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Dont let it go wrong!

The other day I was flipping through the channel when i happen to stumble on Oprah. i don't see her show that much anymore but when i saw what they were talking about i was very interested. They were talking about a book call "Women food and God" She had 2 friends there that had stopped talking to each other many times in their lives and it was all because one of the women had lost so much weight that her friend didn't want anything to do with her. I started to think how selfish that person was. i know for me i have a ton of friends that hit their goal weight and I'm nothing BUT excited and Happy for them. As a matter of fact it pushes me to get there faster. Well The friends are now super close but not because the other accepted the fact that she lost weight but because she gained all of her weight and some. They now are super over weight but friends. The author of the book told them that their friendship is based on their insecurities and self hate.

I know for me i would want nothing but love and support however I have been hit with someone giving me negative support. A person that i don't even know told me that I was a Fat Loser and I needed to get over myself."He" commented on a post a while back. I was hurt. How can a person not want the best for someone else? How can a person not love you for who you are today? I mean come on I'm sure people are happy for you right? i hear stories on people losing friends when losing weight. its sad. It SUCKS! Some will stop losing the weight and hate them self to keep those "friends" close. i say lose them. i say keep those that LOVE you and support you. Don't let them hold you back. Don't let it go wrong. Keep pushing. i know I am. And one day those "friends" will realized that they are the ones with insecurities and only using you as a mirror.

Here's to a Healthy Booty
~Cynthia

3 comments:

  1. Yeah I hear this happening a lot too. I actually became less close with someone because they weren't supportive in me being healthier and working out. She was trying to divert me from my path and I realized it was because she wanted me to be overweight with her. Its incredibly sad that people are such haters. I see keep trucking and do what you do for YOURSELF. :)

    ReplyDelete