Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Going Organic & Meatless thursdays! :)

So it has been said that in order to lose weight you have to eat right and exercises. I have been doing just that. Its been about a month or so that we have been eating pretty much everything Organic and we have a vegetarian day once a week. or as Eric would like to call it (meatless Thursdays). We have cut out meat all day and eat veggies. I have made some good meals. i thought it was going to be hard but its been easy. I make pasta on that day esp for dinner since that's what my girls and Eric love to eat. BUT I don't use regular pasta I have been using Organic brown Rice pasta and its super super yummy (You can find it at Trader Joes) We also cut out all fast foods. not that we ate there a lot anyway. But its a good to start now and teach your kids to eat right. And if we o go out we make sure its a place where you can find foods you can eat and not feel bad about it.

Analiza my work out buddy and i will be buying our meat from a Organic free range farm. We will be splitting the cost and amount between the both of us. We are getting our chicken from there too. We both have watched Food Inc and let me tell you once you see it I don't think you will ever look at a hamburger the same way. I don't think eating meat is bad at all BUT when the cows are eating things that make them sick I don't think i would want to give it to my family. If you haven't watched it please do. My next book will be "Skinny Bitch" I hear there are some good things in that book things that will help me live a better life and eat right. I have a few friends that have read it and they are now Vegan. I dont think being vegan is for everyone and i dont think its for me but I know I will learn a lot from this book.

I started the gym on Monday and its been good so far. Today i will meet with my work out partner. We are going 5 times a week 2 hours aday. With all this and eating right i think we will get to our goal a lot faster. If you are having problems going to the gym or eating right try to find someone you can trust. Someone that will keep you on track its way more fun and keeps you doing your best!

Here's to a healthy booty
~Cynthia

P.S Im thinking of posting up recipes as well so stay tuned.

4 comments:

  1. YAY!!! You are doing great!!! As for going Vegan I don't think I could do it for one reason alone, The SOY MILK Lol it's too sweet like drinking coffee creamer hahaha I tried it and can't do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote something really long and cute, but this stupid web would not post it. Anyways, honey buy and cook whatever you want. All your meals come out AMAZING. that's another thing that is good about marriage to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the great work Cynthia! I'm looking forward to some recipes. Love ya and can't wait to be a skinny bitch myself, LOL!

    ReplyDelete